How many dips can you do?
LAST MONTH’S CHALLENGE
A big thank you and well done to everyone who entered January Challenge45 for the furthest distance travelled on the Assault Air Bike. We’ll be announcing the winners on Instagram and Facebook very soon!
THIS MONTH’S CHALLENGE IS HOW MANY BODYWEIGHT DIPS YOU CAN DO IN 45 SECONDS.
The male and female who can do the most bodyweight dips in 45 seconds will both win a £50 Gymshark voucher. Great prize to help you get ready for spring training!
If you’d like to enter the first thing you need to do is find a member of staff – this is important as they will be able to give you an official count and collect your contact details.
- The challenge must take place using the Captains Chair.
- The members must be facing away from the chair.
- Lower your body by bending your arms while leaning forward.
- Dip down until your shoulders are below your elbows.
- Lift your body up by straightening your arms.
- Keep repeating the movement until the end of the challenge.
- The challenge will end after 45 seconds.
- Ensure a member of staff is on hand to count the number of dips you did and monitor time.
We’ll be posting the top highest numbers on our blog.
THE BENEFITS OF THE BODYWEIGHT DIPS CHALLENGE
To build bigger triceps you will need to focus on compound movements that maximise the stimulation of the triceps the most. The lack of momentum during the dips keeps the muscles contracted throughout the movement, making it an effective exercise for triceps.