Here is the list of easyGym Rules that we ask members and visitors to follow, to ensure that everyone gets the best and safest experience from easyGym.
Access and Parking
- There are two access systems to easyGym clubs. Members must use their unique security PIN to enter and exit clubs with turnstiles. Members must use their membership card and fingerprint to enter and exit clubs through the PODS.
- Your first membership card is free, but keep this card safe, a fee will apply if you need a replacement. If you are purchasing a day pass, a fee is payable for the membership card.
- This unique PIN or membership card is only for the use of the member to whom it was issued. Sharing of this PIN with others is monitored where applicable, as is any attempt to share the entrance pod with another person or allow access to another person.
- Jumping over the turnstiles is not allowed for any reason at any time, and will result in termination of membership without refund.
- Usage, including entry and exit, is monitored by CCTV 24/7.
- Visitors to the club must complete a visitor form to access the club.
- Members or guests must not force entry or exit to locked doors
- Only staff may access restricted areas.
- In clubs that are open 24/7, members must not access the changing rooms between the hours of 12 midnight and 5 a.m., when they may be locked. The disabled toilet and shower facility will be open. Please come and go quietly as to not disturb the neighbours.
- Leave the gym before closing time for gyms not open 24/7.
- Members and visitors may not bring any pets (other than guide dogs) or minors under 16 into the gym.
- Members must obey any parking rules or signs for parking bikes, motorbikes, or any other vehicles. We are not responsible for any parking tickets.
Inductions, Proper Use of the Facility, and Classes
- All members are offered an induction to receive instruction on the use of the gym equipment. If you’ve never used a gym before, we strongly advise you to undertake this. This is compulsory if you are under 18.
- Induction bookings can be made via the Member Zone on the easyGym website.
- Do not use the facilities in a way that may cause harm to yourself or another member. If you are unfamiliar with a piece of equipment, you must seek advice from an easyGym staff member before use. We’re here to help!
- If you endeavour to seek medical advice regarding exercise readiness following the results of your Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire, please be aware that your membership will remain active and any collected fees are non-refundable.
- Weights must not be dropped. We ask you to respect the facilities so everyone can enjoy them. Unfortunately, you will be liable to pay for any negligent or deliberate damage to property. Abuse of this rule will result in membership termination.
- If you use chalk during your workout, you must clean up after yourself, leaving the facility as clean as you found it.
- Weights must be put in their proper place when finished. Bars must be stripped with plates re-racked.
- Members and visitors must not misuse or damage the vending machines, other members’ property, or the easyGym premises.
- Classes in easyGym clubs (with the exception of Oxford Street) operate on a first-come, first-served basis, and spots may not be saved for friends or other members. Members must arrive promptly for all class start times, and entry may be refused for late arrival.
Personal Belongings and Lockers
- Sweat towels must be carried at all times and used to wipe down equipment after use. Sweat towels are available for purchase in the vending machines at the gym. No sweat towel, no workout!
- Lockers are solely to be used for the duration of an individual training session. Lockers will be emptied at night and any contents will be donated to charity after one week if it remains unclaimed. Padlocks may be cut off and will not be replaced by easyGym.
- Lockers in the shower area are for use when showering only. Any contents in occupied lockers whilst not showering will be emptied and contents will be donated to charity after one week if it remains unclaimed. Padlocks may be cut off and will not be replaced by easyGym.
- For safety reasons, bags are not permitted on the gym floor. Members must secure their personal belongings with a padlock in the lockers provided by us whilst using the club’s facilities. Personal belongings are left at the member’s own risk.
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting easyGym. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property. Although we will always endeavour to return any articles of lost property to the owner, we do not take responsibility for any item held in lost property. Such items will be kept until claimed, but for no longer than one week after which time the items will either be donated to charity or destroyed.
- Suitable workout attire must be worn when exercising i.e. appropriate exercise clothing and appropriate footwear. Jeans, boots, flip-flops, sandals or bare feet are not permitted. Tops, bottoms, and trainers are required at all times. Any member not wearing suitable attire may be asked to leave the gym
- Members must maintain basic personal hygiene standards.
- Members and visitors must not behave in an aggressive, abusive, anti-social or threatening manner to any staff, member, or guest. easyGym reserves the right to contact the Police and pursue further action if necessary. Basically, please be nice!
- Members must not record or take photos that include other members of the gym without gaining their consent in advance. If using images or video for business purposes, written consent must be obtained from easyGym prior to use.
- Only easyGym licensed personal trainers are permitted to train members in the Club. Anyone else providing personal training services on easyGym premises will be asked to leave the gym immediately.
- Do not use the gym whilst under the influence of any substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely, including but not limited to, alcohol, narcotics, tranquilizers or any medication, substance, etc. easyGym staff may have you removed from the premises if they believe you are unable to safely use the facilities.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and vaping, are strictly prohibited in all areas of easyGym facilities.
- Criminal activity of any kind on easyGym premises will not be tolerated.
- The use and/or sale of any substance or drug, including steroids is not permitted.
- Sleeping in easyGym clubs or on easyGym premises is not permitted.
- Members must inform easyGym of any change of address, email address or telephone number. These changes can be made in the Member Zone on the easyGym website.
- By joining easyGym or purchasing a day pass, members agree that they have read and understood the terms and conditions of membership.
- Verbal or written instructions by easyGym staff or representatives must be respected and obeyed at all times.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in cancellation of your membership. We hope it wouldn’t come to that, but we do reserve the right to terminate membership with no notice period or refund if the rules are not followed.