End date: 13th December 2019
Mission: To provide a platform that enables our people the “freedom to do more”.
Vision: To be a “medal winning” low cost gym brand with at least 1 million members by 2025.
We are on the lookout for Club Manager who is, approachable and confident team player, with exceptional managerial, organisational and customer service skills. Proven experience in the health and fitness industry is a must. Our gyms have the latest equipment and innovative layouts which makes easyGym an amazing working environment. We are looking for our next PACKk45 Leader, if you are ready, apply now: easyGym Freedom to Do More…Together
Operational and Service Excellence: to lead, coach & manage all the gym team and to create an efficient, friendly and professional environment with high standards of presentation. Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers and service providers
Sales, Marketing and Communications: to lead and co-ordinate all communication, marketing and prospecting activity to achieve club sales targets.
Personal Training: to manage a team of Self- Employed Personal Trainers to achieve service and revenue targets.
PACK45 Workouts: to train and run PACK45 Workouts and a cost-effective timetable and ensure all staff are trained to run PACK45 Workouts and that regular assessments on staff are performed to achieve high service and interaction efficiently with our members.
Health & Safety: to ensure that all Health & Safety, hygiene and COSHH regulations comply with requirements and club rules are observed by members and guests ensuring safety and well-being when using the club.
Finance & Budgeting: to manage club budget and P&L
1. Working relationships / Communication
- Responsible directly for the gym team, Assistant Club Manager, Cleaning Team and Self- Employed Personal Trainers.
- Interacts & communicates effectively with the gym team and members. Works closely to establish strong links with support functions.
- Reports to Head of Operations.
- To support and deliver PACK45 Workouts.
2. Key responsibilities
General Management of Club
- Ensure that the club facilities and service are maintained to a high level.
- Ensure that the club meets their sales targets and retention numbers are kept within budget.
- Liaise closely with the Marketing & Sales Manager to ensure planned marketing activity drives sufficient enquiries to the website to maximise membership sales.
- Effectively manage a team of Self-Employed Personal Trainers
- Maintain an effective control of revenue and expenditure against targets to achieve optimum financial and operational efficiency, initiating appropriate action plans and changes where necessary to keep on track.
- Put forward proposals & recommendations for revenue enhancement opportunities, which would reduce costs and/or improve business performance.
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the market to gauge an awareness of any potential threats & opportunities.
- Undertake such other duties and projects that may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Ensure all company day to day operational check sheets are completed correctly and efficiently.
- To implement maintenance, Health & Safety and cleaning Audits.
Customer Service / Quality
- Support the gym team to consistently deliver a warm easyGym welcome and to continually improve the overall member experience.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the Club in line with easyGym’s brand standards.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety, hygiene and COSHH regulations comply with requirements and club rules are observed by members and guests to ensure their safety and well-being when using the club.
- Manage all member communication/complaints effectively; use member feedback to activate long-term improvements in products and services.
- Communicate performance standards and expectations with direct reports, in a way that motivates the gym team to take action & accountability.
- Establish & maintain an inclusive environment by ensuring effective 2-way communication processes are set up (Team meetings / briefings etc.).
- Ensure HR policies and practices are adhered to and in line with current employment legislation.
- Ensure performance management processes are established and appraisals undertaken to manage the gym team and enable career development, progression and succession planning.
- Identify training and development needs on an on-going basis through frequent interaction and personal development reviews.
- Responsible for recruitment and induction of the gym team in line with manpower & budget requirements.
- Coach & encourage the gym team to obtain regular feedback from members to ensure suggestions and customer service improvement opportunities are actioned.
1. Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills – ability to work and interact with all levels within the club, organisation and external environment.
- Creativity, drive and initiative! Ability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic pressurised environment and translate opportunities into action plans.
- Excellent knowledge of sales and marketing processes, practices and strategy.
- Employee training, development and coaching skills with the ability to delegate effectively, influence and achieve results through others.
- Commercial awareness and customer focus.
- Able to work flexibly to suit the hours & needs of the business.
2. Minimum experience / education level:
- Proven experience and evidence of operating at a management level effectively within a targeted market environment.
- Experience/knowledge of the leisure industry/health club market preferred.
- Recognised Fitness Gym Instructor level 3 qualification.
- First Aid (FAAW)
This position description intends to describe the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job and is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant