Assistant Club Manager
End date: 10th September 2019
Mission: To provide a platform that enables our people the “freedom to do more”.
Vision: To be a “medal winning” low cost gym brand with at least 1 million members by 2025.
We are on the lookout for Assistant Club Manager who is, approachable and confident team player, with exceptional managerial, organisational and customer service skills. Proven experience in the health and fitness industry is a must. Our gyms have the latest equipment and innovative layouts which makes easyGym an amazing working environment. We are looking for our next PACK45 Leader, if you are ready, apply now: easyGym Freedom to Do More…Together
Operational and Service Excellence: Work with your club manager, gym staff, self-employed PT’s and cleaning team to create an efficient, friendly and professional environment with high standards of presentation.
Sales, Marketing and Communications: Communicate marketing and prospective activity to achieve club sales targets with the support of your club manager.
Personal Training: To support the Club Managers in managing a team of Self – Employed Personal Trainers to achieve excellent service and revenue targets.
PACK45 Workouts: To train and support the Club Managers to run PACK45 Workouts and a cost-effective timetable and ensure all staff are trained to run PACK45 Workouts and that regular assessments on staff are performed to achieve high service and interaction efficiently with our members.
Health & Safety: To support the club manager to ensure that all Health & Safety, hygiene and COSHH regulations comply with requirements and club rules are observed by members and guests ensuring safety and well-being when using the club.
1. Working relationships / Communication
- Directly responsible for a team of Self-Employed Personal Trainers.
- Interact and communicate effectively with the gym team and members..
- Work closely to establish strong links with support functions.
2. Key responsibilities
Management of Club
- Ensure that the club facilities and service provided are maintained to a high level.
- Maintain an effective control of operational systems and procedures to achieve optimum financial and operational efficiency, initiating appropriate action plans and changes where necessary to keep on track.
- Proactive in ensuring the cleanliness of the gym is up to standard, checking the equipment, gym floor and changing rooms. Physically cleaning when necessary.
- To monitor and Audit the maintenance, Health & Safety and cleanliness of the club.
- Ensure your appearance and the gym team are in line with the Company standard.
- Effectively manage a team of Self- Employed Personal Trainers.
- To support and deliver PACK45 Workouts
- Undertake such other duties and project that may be reasonable required.
Customer Service / Quality
- Manage all member communication/complaints effectively; use member feedback to activate long-term improvements in products and services.
- Provide a warm easyGym welcome and continually improve the overall member experience.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the product is in line with easyGym’s brand standards.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety, hygiene and COSHH regulations comply with requirements.
- Ensure club rules are observed by members and guests to ensure their safety and well-being.
- Communicate performance standards and expectations, in a way that motivates the team members to take action & accountability.
- Responsible for recruitment and induction of Self – Employed Personal Trainers in line with manpower and budget requirements.
- Coach and encourage your team to obtain regular feedback from members to ensure suggestions and customer service improvement opportunities are actioned.
1. Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills – ability to work and interact with all levels within the club, organisation and external environment.
- Creativity, drive and initiative! Ability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic pressurised environment and translate opportunities into action plans.
- Excellent knowledge of sales and marketing processes, practices and strategy.
- Train, develop and coach others whilst having the ability to delegate effectively to influence and achieve results.
- Commercial awareness and customer focus.
- Able to work flexibly to suit the hours and needs of the business.
2. Minimum experience / education level:
- Proven experience and evidence of operating at a management level effectively within a targeted market environment.
- Recognised Fitness Gym Instructor level 3.
- First Aid (FAAW)
- Experience/knowledge of the leisure industry/health club market preferred.
This position description intends to describe the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job and is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant