easyGym Champion: The Standing Long Jump
THIS MONTH’S CHALLENGE IS THE STANDING LONG JUMP
Our May easyGym Champion Challenge is the Standing Long Jump. The best male and female distance will win two boxes of amazing protein snacks worth £45 from our brand new prize sponsor RippedKit. That’s one Original Box of 10 select protein and health snacks delivered to your door for two months!
Ray Ewry set the first ever world record for the standing long jump with 11.4ft in 1904. Ewry’s record was topped in 1968 by Norwegian Arne Tvervaag, who jumped a massive 12ft 2”. Tvervaag still holds the record – will you beat him?
If you’d like to enter the first thing you need to do is find a member of staff – this is important as they will be able to give you an official distance and collect your contact details.
HOW TO DO IT?
Easy – position your legs about 30cm apart, bend you knees and jump as far forward as possible. Simple!
- Ensure a member of staff is on hand to measure your distance
- Space between legs should be about 30cm
- You must jump from and land in a still position
- The measurement is taken from the back of your foot
- If you don’t land static the jump doesn’t count