easyGym Champion: The Dumbbell Hold
A big thank you and well done to everyone who entered our May gym challenge. The winners will be announced shortly!
THIS MONTH’S CHALLENGE IS THE DUMBBELL HOLD
This month’s easyGym Champion Challenge is The Dumbbell Hold. How long can you hold it?! The best male and female times will win two boxes of delicious protein snacks worth £45 from our awesome prize sponsor RippedKit. That’s one Original Box of 10 select protein and health snacks delivered to your door for two months! So get involved for your chance to win!
According to Guinness World Records, the longest hold with a pair of 10kg dumbbells is a whopping 1 minute and 57.85 seconds, set in 2010 by Derek Boyer from Australia. How long can you hold the position?
If you’d like to enter the first thing you need to do is find a member of staff – this is important as they will be able to give you an official time and collect your contact details.
HOW TO DO IT?
This one’s pretty straight forward. Pick up the dumbbells, stand up straight and make sure you’ve gripped them comfortably. Raise your arms out to the side of your body until they are parallel with the ground and start the clock.
- Ensure a member of staff is on hand to start the stopwatch
- Men use 6kg dumbbells and women use 2kg dumbbells
- Arms must be locked out straight at shoulder height with palms facing the floor holding the dumbbells sideways
- The clock starts when you’re in position
- If your arms move more than 2cm from the horizontal position the challenge is over and the clock is stopped