4 HEALTHY SALAD WRAP RECIPES
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with our daily responsibilities and put our hunger on the back burner! It’s important to remember that the proper energy levels are even more critical if you’re working toward your fitness goals. Otherwise, you could deal with fatigue a lot quicker than you would otherwise. This could lead to slacking on your daily routine or turn to a more convenient and less healthy food source such as fast food. Therefore, it’s vital to stay on top of your energy levels, and what you’re consuming will have a huge impact on this.
If you’re dealing with a time crunch but still want to have the most nutritious meal possible in a convenient setting, here are some salad wrap recipes for you to consider putting together. With these unique flavor profiles, there’s a little something that everybody will love. For more information on reaching your fitness goals, head over to Gunsmith Fitness Weight Lifting Gear.
Making it your own
Remember, the way you wrap your salad filling is totally up to you! We all have different goals when it comes to calorie intake or macro nutrients, so make the best choice for your goals. The best thing about wraps is that they’re highly customisable, so the options are nearly limitless. Whether it’s your favorite style of lettuce, a hearty tortilla or low carb wrap, these fillings will work great with any of those choices.
1. CHICKEN MISO AND MANGO SALAD
Shred your chicken or cut into bite sized pieces. Put one cup of the chicken into the food processor with green onion, miso, milk, garlic, lime juice, and the salt and pepper. Add in the rest of the chicken slowly, and taste test to be sure that the flavors are to your liking. From there, you’re ready to place it into your favorite wrap. Steamed cabbage would be a great option for this specific wrap recipe.
- Three cups of rotisserie or baked chicken
- Half cup of sliced cherry or roma tomatoes
- One cup of minced mango that has been peeled
- One bunch of green onions without the stems
- Two teaspoons of miso paste
- One clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- One tablespoon of honey
- Three teaspoons of sesame oil
- Fresh lime wedge for taste
2. BLACK AND BLUE STEAK WRAP
To make this wrap, start with seasoning the steak strips with Cajun seasoning. Cook the strips in the heated oil to your preferred level and let them rest. Prepare your preferred wrap by placing the lettuce, tomatoes, blue cheese, and vinaigrette. These wraps are easy to put together and even easier to enjoy.
- Six ounces of lean steak strips
- Two teaspoons of your favorite Cajun seasoning
- One teaspoon of olive oil
- Several leaves of your favorite lettuce
- Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- One ounce of blue cheese in crumbles
- Two tablespoons of balsamic dressing
3. VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN WRAP
Here’s a recipe for the vegetarians! This is an incredibly simple recipe that only consists of thawing the frozen corn in a strainer, warming your preferred tortilla if that’s what you’re using, pouring on the salsa, and spreading the black beans, corn, avocado, and olives on top. Top it with your choice of greens and prepared to be wowed by this simple recipe.
- One half cup of salsa
- One third cup of black beans
- 1/4 cup of frozen corn
- Half of an avocado
- One tablespoon of black olives
- One cup of spinach or arugula
4. SPICY TUNA SALAD
Are you a fan of sushi? This wrap is inspired by the popular spicy tuna roll. It’s a great way to get your sushi fix without heading to a restaurant! Mix a can of tuna and your preferred amount of mayonnaise, add in the soy sauce and sriracha. Finish assembling the wrap by spreading the tuna mixture and adding carrots, avocado, and cucumber.
- One can of tuna
- One or two tablespoons of mayonnaise by preference
- One teaspoon of soy sauce
- Two teaspoons of sriracha
- Half a cup of matchstick style carrots
- Half of an avocado sliced
- Half of a cucumber peeled and sliced